Barefoot beach

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Working is for suckers!

Yesterday was my last day of work at International Sugar Art Collection. For those of you who don't know, I worked for a famous pastry chef/cake decorator, Chef Nicholas Lodge. He has been a judge on the Food Network Cake Challenges, and made Princess Diana's wedding cake, and Prince Harry's christening cake.  He has a school in Norcross, GA, and I worked in the retail gallery where we sell tons of cake decorating tools. It's a far cry from my chosen field of Egyptology, but it's really fun!

Gretchen, Emily, and Ann
While I am kind of excited that I get to be on "vacation" in St. Kitts, and I don't have to work, I am really going to miss my friends at ISAC.  I worked with some really great people. Gretchen, Molly, Ann, and Renation work in the retail gallery with me, and Emily is Nick's class assistant.  I was so sad to leave them last year when Rob and I moved to Egypt, and it's just as sad this time around! :(

Thursday night they took me out to dinner, and I was surprised with two gift bags full of supplies/presents to help me assimilate to the local culture of St. Kitts. I got a sweet straw hat, super stylin' glasses, a blue blow up seahorse, a pail and sandcastle shaped bucket, several sand shovels, festive plates, cups, napkins, and drink koozies... I am ready for beach life.

Looking good in my hat and glasses!
Yesterday, my two bosses, Nick, and his business partner Scott, bought pizza for my going away lunch (I freaking love pizza). They also sent me off with a really sweet card and a 20th anniversary apron (the store is celebrating 20 years of business).

Molly and Emily
I am so thankful that I had such a great work experience at ISAC. Not everyone is lucky enough to work with such amazing, fun, and talented people everyday. I will miss you Gretchen, Molly, Emily, Ann, Renato, Nick and Scott!





1 comment:

  1. Awww...that's so sweet....but cold you have found a worse picture of me...I mean really! HA! We will miss you too sweetie, but are excited to live vicariously through your blog! Come back to see us sometime, and bring a baby with ya! HA! Be safe, have fun, and don't get into too much trouble making perverted sand castles!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete