Barefoot beach

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Where has the time gone?!

It's been a month since my last post here on the blog. I feel kinda bad, but not a whole lot has been going on, plus I post on the baby's blog every week... I've gotten lazy, what can I say?

My last post was written the day I got back to St. Kitts after being gone a LONG six weeks! To make matters worse, Rob had gotten shingles and I had to stay at a friends house for two weeks til he recovered. I was SO happy to finally get back to the Dolphin House after eight weeks! It was a pain to be able to see Rob during those two weeks but not be able to kiss or hug him hello! Stupid shingles.

Once back at the DH I was tasked with getting a list of things we wanted to sell before moving home so Rob can start at UGA's vet school. I've managed to sell nearly everything we are trying to get rid of, and I think we'll make a pretty penny to put towards anything we might need for our new house (which hopefully isn't much since all of our engagement party, bridal shower, and wedding gifts are still sitting unopened in my parents basement- after two years I CANNOT WAIT to finally use all the loot we got from our great friends and family!)  I have to admit though, I am going to be pretty sad to leave the DH. I love this house, and really, Rob and I probably will never have an amazing beach house with a completely uninterrupted view of the ocean ever again. Man... why can't UGA's vet school be located along a stretch of beautiful beach?

Seriously- look at that view! I can't leave!!!
There are a few other preg girls on the island- Tracey and Tamsin. Tracey is about 8 or so months along, and Tamsin is about 4 months along. I am smack in the middle of them. Last weekend Tamsin and my friend Catherine threw Tracey a baby shower. It was pool party with a beachy theme. Catherine came up with the CUTEST decorations. It was a lot of fun, and I ate a LOT of food. Success. I have to admit, even if it makes me seem kinda of greedy, I am looking forward to coming back to the states and having a baby shower! Yeah I will get cool baby stuff, but I get to see all my friends and loved ones in one place and I can't wait for that!

Three pregnant Ladies of Leisure... perhaps too leisurely :)
Yesterday some of the Ladies of Leisure were Ladies who Lunch. I had been wanting to visit Palm Court Gardens for a while, a few of the other VIP ladies had been there, and it was on my SK bucket list.  I believe it's an old house, now privately owned, that offers lunch and dinner, a pool, and the art gallery- Shell Works. There were some items at Shell Works that I have my eye on... definitely going back before heading back to the states. Catherine, Tiffany, Daisy, Tracey, Tamsin, Abby (and her four month old baby girl Zenalee), and I all enjoyed a nice, but slightly rainy lunch. It was a lovely time, I was super thankful they all came out, cause I am going to miss being and hanging with the Ladies of Leisure!  Before we left, we took a progressive pregnancy photo. Tracy, then me, and then Tamsin. It was cute! I wish I was going to have preg friends to hang out with back home! (I have no idea why this paragraph is white. My sincerest apologies).

While I enjoyed a stylish lunch, you may be wondering about what Rob was doing. Well, as a card carrying member of the Bovine Club at Ross University, my husband got to go on a "palp" trip to a local farm. Basically, they go to a farm with cows and shove their arms up the cow's butt holes. I'm not really clear on why you would do that... but Rob was pretty excited about it.  Today he is at school studying, but he has signed up for several "Calf Watch" shifts. The Ross cows are preg (seriously, there is something in the water here), and apparently a few are ready to pop out babies. So, Rob has to go check on them every now and them to... I don't actually know what the purpose of Calf Watch is. I guess they just check how the mommy cow is doing or see if she is ready to have the baby. I don't know, I'm not a vet.

This is my husband. The man of my dreams. With his hand up a cow's ass.
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times- I am one lucky lady.
I only have two and a half weeks left on the island. It's so bitter sweet. I can't wait to get home to the states and settle into our new life there and get ready for Baby Boy to arrive. I also do not want to leave the island. I really love living here, despite the ups and downs of living in a foreign country, and I will really miss all the amazing friends I've made.


2 comments:

  1. It's really hard to leave, but also really fun to move! I still miss all you ladies of leisure!! Congrats to Rob on transferring!! And on being pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stephanie! I just stumbled upon your blog while searching about life on St. Kitts - my husband just got accepted to Ross! I can't wait to go and also have a million questions about it. Would you be willing to chat with me a little about it? If so, my email is rockinmountainhorseranch@gmail.com and our blog about our life on a mini ranch in Montana is www.pioneerpair.com Thank you and have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete